COVID-19 PREVENTION and PRECAUTION
THERE WILL BE NO WALK-IN SERVICES DUE TO THE “STAY AT HOME” ORDER! The Hawai’i Teacher Standards Board Licensing Staff will be working remotely to to comply with the above directive. Although we will not be in the office, we will be here to serve you. Please contact us through the message option in your HTSB account for the quickest response. All documents should be uploaded directly to your HTSB account. Please do not mail your documents at this time.
If you are unable to log into your account, please email our primary mailbox: email@example.com
and request your login information and temporary password. If you need additional assistance, let us know and we can set up a virtual meeting. Don’t hesitate to contact us. We will respond as soon as possible. Stay safe!
What is the status of my application?
We are currently working on messages and applications submitted on May 26, 2020.
You will receive a notice when your application is approved or if we need additional information. If you are currently enrolled in or have recently completed a State Approved Teacher Education Program, we will process your application after we receive the list of completers from your program. During peak application times, May – July and January – March, it may take up to six weeks to process your application, especially if we are waiting on documentation from agencies, schools, or organizations to support your application.
Who do I contact for questions regarding teaching in Hawaii?
Contact us for questions regarding licenses and permits for teachers, counselors, and librarians.
For all other questions, please see Where to go: A Guide for Hawaii Teacher Applicants and Licensees
What is the best way to contact HTSB?
For the fastest response, Login
to your HTSB account on www.hawaiiteacherstandardsboard.org and use the Contact HTSB
tab to send a secured message to us.
After HTSB staff answer messages from your account, they answer emails and telephone calls in the order received. During times of high volume in the summer and in January, staff respond as quickly as possible, and processing time for applications may take up to four weeks.
How do I get help with your HTSB account login and password?
Use the “Forgot email or username” or “Forgot password” prompts on the HTSB account login page:
HTSB Office Information
Physical and mailing address:
650 Iwilei Road, Suite 268,
Honolulu, HI 96817
Our office is open Monday – Friday from 7:45 am – 4:30 pm (HST), excluding State of Hawaiʻi holidays.
- Free parking: Dole Cannery Open-Air Parking Lot – Free parking is available in the parking lot directly behind the Dole Cannery and adjacent to the Costco parking lot. Lot entry is from Alakawa Street.
- Paid parking: Dole Cannery Parking Structure – Pay parking is available in the parking structure across Iwilei Road above the Regal Cinema theaters. The entrance is on Pacific Street.
Directions from Dole Cannery Open-Air Parking Lot Adjacent to Costco
- Enter the Dole Cannery Building and go toward the 1st floor Food Court.
- Take the escalator to the 2nd floor mezzanine.
- Turn right after exiting the escalator.
- Look for Suite 268.
Directions from Dole Cannery Parking Structure – Using Pedestrian Bridge
- Take the parking garage elevator to the 2nd floor and use the elevated pedestrian bridge to cross Iwilei Road.
- At the end of the pedestrian walkway you will enter the Dole Cannery’s 2nd floor mezzanine.
- Continue straight ahead.
- The HTSB office will be on your right, Suite 268.