We have had a system glitch that generated emails saying that active licenses were expired. Please note that if your license shows “Active” in the system, you have an active license. There is nothing you need to do. We apologize for the inconvenience.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SURVEY
Help us improve our customer service by completing our survey at this link:
WHAT’S NEW: HTSB’S OFFICE REOPENS June 8, 2020
Now that the State of Hawaii is in the “Act with Care” stage and offices are allowed to reopen, HTSB’s office located in Dole Cannery at 650 Iwilei Road, Suite 268, Honolulu will be open from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Mondays through Fridays, except State holidays, effective June 8, 2020. For everyone’s health and safety, visitors should:
1. Wear masks covering their noses and mouths,
2. Not exhibit any signs of COVID-19, such as a fever, cough or other respiratory symptoms, or have had close, prolonged contact with a person who has or is suspected to have COVID-19,
3. Not have traveled outside Hawaii in the 14 days preceding their visit to HTSB’s office, and
4. Avoid physical contact and keep a six-foot distance from others unless behind the sneeze guard, and
5. Not enter HTSB’s reception area if anyone else is in there.
As during the past few months, most of HTSB’s staff will continue working remotely because of our small office space, with staggered hours in the office. To date, our COVID-19 safety precautions have worked to prevent the spread of the disease in our office, and we thank you for helping us to keep it that way. You can continue to receive timely help, usually the same day, from HTSB’s licensing staff by one of the following options:
1. The best method: use the Contact HTSB tab in your online HTSB license or permit account;
2. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
3. Call 808-586-2600;
4. Email us at email@example.com to set up a virtual meeting appointment.
Stay safe and healthy, everyone!
What is the status of my application?
We are currently working on messages and applications submitted before June 30, 2020.
You will receive a notice when your application is approved or if we need additional information. If you are currently enrolled in or have recently completed a State Approved Teacher Education Program, we will process your application after we receive the list of completers from your program. During peak application times, May – July and January – March, it may take up to six weeks to process your application, especially if we are waiting on documentation from agencies, schools, or organizations to support your application.
Who do I contact for questions regarding teaching in Hawaii?
Contact us for questions regarding licenses and permits for teachers, counselors, and librarians.
For all other questions, please see Where to go: A Guide for Hawaii Teacher Applicants and Licensees
What is the best way to contact HTSB?
For the fastest response, Login
to your HTSB account on www.hawaiiteacherstandardsboard.org and use the Contact HTSB
tab to send a secured message to us.
After HTSB staff answer messages from your account, they answer emails and telephone calls in the order received. During times of high volume in the summer and in January, staff respond as quickly as possible, and processing time for applications may take up to four weeks.
How do I get help with your HTSB account login and password?
Use the “Forgot email or username” or “Forgot password” prompts on the HTSB account login page:
HTSB Office Information
Physical and mailing address:
650 Iwilei Road, Suite 268,
Honolulu, HI 96817
Our office is open Monday – Friday from 7:45 am – 4:30 pm (HST), excluding State of Hawaiʻi holidays.
- Free parking: Dole Cannery Open-Air Parking Lot – Free parking is available in the parking lot directly behind the Dole Cannery and adjacent to the Costco parking lot. Lot entry is from Alakawa Street. There is no charge for parking in this free lot.
- Paid parking: Dole Cannery Parking Structure – Pay parking is available in the parking structure across Iwilei Road above the Regal Cinema theaters. The entrance is on Pacific Street. You will pay for your parking when you exit the garage.
Directions from free Dole Cannery Open-Air Parking Lot Adjacent to Costco
- Enter the Dole Cannery Building and go toward the 1st floor Food Court.
- Take the escalator to the 2nd floor mezzanine.
- Turn right after exiting the escalator.
- Look for Suite 268.
Directions from pay to park Dole Cannery Parking Structure – Using Pedestrian Bridge
- Take the parking garage elevator to the 2nd floor and use the elevated pedestrian bridge to cross Iwilei Road.
- At the end of the pedestrian walkway you will enter the Dole Cannery’s 2nd floor mezzanine.
- Continue straight ahead.
- The HTSB office will be on your right, Suite 268.