Please review this page for frequently asked questions and answers. If you can’t find your answer here, feel free to use the Contact Us page.
HTSB’S OFFICE HOURS
In response to the “Act Now Honolulu: No Social Gatherings” emergency order, starting August 18, 2020 HTSB’s office located in Dole Cannery at 650 Iwilei Road, Suite 268, Honolulu will reduce in-person access to staff but remain open from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Mondays through Fridays, except State holidays.
We are limiting all consultations to phone or online meetings. Please call us at 808-586-2600 or email email@example.com
to schedule a FaceTime/Skype/Zoom meeting or phone consultation.
To date, our COVID-19 safety precautions have worked to prevent the spread of the disease in our office, and we thank you for helping us to keep it that way. You can continue to receive timely help, usually the same day, from HTSB’s licensing staff by one of the following options:
- The best method: Use the Contact HTSB tab in your online HTSB license or permit account;
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Call 808-586-2600;
- Email us at email@example.com to set up a virtual meeting appointment.
- For everyone’s health and safety, visitors must follow these guidelines:
For everyone’s health and safety, visitors must follow these guidelines:
- Make an appointment;
- Please ring the doorbell and wait to be escorted into the HTSB office;
- Wear a mask covering their nose and mouth;
- Have temperature taken, by HTSB staff, prior to entry;
- Not exhibit any signs of COVID-19, such as a fever, cough or other respiratory symptoms, or have had close, prolonged contact with a person who has or is suspected to have COVID-19 (We will take your temperature prior to entry);
- Not have traveled outside Oahu within the 14 days preceding their visit to HTSB’s office; and
- Avoid physical contact and keep a six-foot distance from others unless behind the sneeze guard.
Stay safe and healthy, everyone!
Applications and Messages
We are currently working on messages and applications submitted before March 4, 2021.
You will receive a notice when your application is approved or if we need additional information. If you are currently enrolled in or have recently completed a State Approved Teacher Education Program, we will process your application after we receive the list of completers from your program. During peak application times, May – July and January – March, it may take up to six weeks to process your application, especially if we are waiting on documentation from agencies, schools, or organizations to support your application.
Please click this link to see our document: Where to Go: A Guide for Hawaii Teacher Applicants and Licensees
with information about the different organizations Hawaii teacher applicants and licensees.
How do I search active Hawaii licenses, without logging in?
Answer: On the home page of our website, visitors can search all active licenses in the Public License Search box. You can search by last name only, first name only or using both first and last name. Once you find the license, you will see the license field and grade level that the educator is licensed in, the duration of the active license and the license type (e.g. Emergency Hire Permit, Provisional License, Standard License). If you are having difficulty accessing the Hawaii Teacher Standards Board Public License Search, we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Our support team has informed us that this issue can be resolved by verifying that your browser is up to date and running the most recent version. They have also notified us that clearing “Cache images and files” as well as “Cookies and other site data” are other ways to resolve the issue. We have confirmed that these browsers are currently working well with our site: Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
Do I have to obtain a license to teach in Hawaii?
Answer: All public school teachers, counselors, and librarians must have a license or permit. Private school teachers are not required by law to have a license, and should check with their school to find out if a license is required. Click here to read the law requiring a license. Click here to read about emergency hire teachers, who may teach while they obtain their license. Click here to read about the penalty for teaching without a license or permit.
How do I apply for an Hawaiʻi Teacher Standards Board (HTSB) License or Permit?
Answer: Click here to go to the Register/Login page. When you create a new account, go to the Application tab in your record and start a new application. If you need to convert your permit or license, add a new field, or renew, go to the License tab and select the appropriate button.
How do I submit documents to the Hawaiʻi Teacher Standards Board (HTSB)?
Answer: Please scan and upload all required documents directly to the Documents tab in your HTSB account. This instantly notifies HTSB that a document has been added to your account. Due to COVID-19 protocols, documents submitted by regular mail may be subject to extended processing time. NOTE: When creating an HTSB online profile and completing applications, first and last name must match the name on legal documents. Use of multiple forms of your name on documents may result in a delay in application processing.
Will I receive notification that it is time to pay my fee?
Answer: PLEASE NOTE: Due to the signing of ACT 116, there are no fees to pay when applying for a permit, license or adding a field.
Can I get an administrative license?
Answer: HTSB does not license administrative staff. Please contact the Hawaiʻi Department of Education at 808-586-3230.
How do I notify HTSB that I have changed my name?
Answer: Please see the Changing Your Name page for more information. NOTE: When creating an HTSB online profile and completing applications, first and last name must match the name on legal documents. Use of multiple forms of your name on documents may result in a delay in application processing.
I’m a military spouse, what procedure do I go though to get a teaching license?
Answer: The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) is sponsored by the Department of Defense and provides financial assistance for eligible military spouses who are pursuing licenses or credentials leading to employment in portable career fields. You can telephone Military OnSource at 800-342-9647 for further information or visit the MyCAA website.
EXPIRATION and RENEWAL
How will I know if I’m selected for the renewal audit?
Answer: You will be notified by letter within one year from the date of your license renewal if you are chosen to participate in the audit.
Who has to sign my Verification of Experience for Renewal Form?
Answer: If you are a Hawaiʻi Department of Education (DOE) employee, the Hawaiʻi Teacher Standards Board (HTSB) will verify your employment with the DOE. For other licensees, an authorized school or district official can sign your Verification of Experience for Renewal Form (RA4010), example: your Principal, Superintendent or Headmaster.
How do I know what kind of documentation to keep for the Verification of Satisfying Hawaii Teacher Performance Standards Documentation Form?
Answer: Documentation requirements are listed in Column 3 on each of the following Form RA 5010s:
Verification of Satisfying the Hawaiʻi School Counselor Performance Standards
Verification of Satisfying the Hawaiʻi School Librarian Performance Standards
Verification of Satisfying the Hawaiʻi Teacher Performance Standards
I am not a Hawaii DOE employee–can I use another performance evaluation to meet the standards?
Answer: Documentation requirements are listed in Column 3 on Form RA 5010
How do I renew my license?
Answer: Please see the Renewing Your License page for information on how to renew your license. You will receive a reminder email from HTSB when it is time to renew your license.
Follow these steps to process the renewal for your license:
- First, Login to your account using your Username or Email address and Password.
- Under your My Profile Home tab, click on the Go to Licenses/Permits button.
- On the Licenses/Payments tab, click on the Renew License button under the Action column on your current license.
- After clicking on the button, you will be taken to your Renewal Application. Just follow the instructions to complete the application.
- Once your renewal application has been approved by a Hawaiʻi Teacher Standards Board (HTSB) Licensing Specialist, you will receive an email notifying you that your renewal has been approved and that payment is due.
- When you log back into your account, you will see your renewed license in the “My Current License” section.
- Note: You will receive an email reminder 6 months prior to your license expiration date.
MY HTSB ACCOUNT
How do I create an Hawaiʻi Teacher Standards Board (HTSB) login account?
Answer: Just follow these simple steps to create your online account:
- Click on the Login / Register link located in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Next, click on the Register now button.
- Enter information into all the required fields and then click on the Register button at the bottom of the screen.
- Watch for an email from HTSB about confirming your email address. Click on the ‘confirm email’ link to complete the account registration process. Note: until you verify your email address by clicking on the link you will not be able to login to your account.
How can I change my account password?
Answer: Follow these steps to change your Password and other security-related information on your account:
- Login to your account.
- Under your My Profile, click on the Security tab and enter, then confirm, your new Password.Note: You can also change your Username and Security Questions / Answers on this tab as well.
How can I retrieve my account password?
Answer: Follow these steps to retrieve a forgotten password:
- On the Login screen, click on the Forgot Password link located below the Password field.
- Follow the onscreen instructions show in the 3 Step process to reset your forgotten password.Once this is done you can immediately login to your account and access your My Profile information.
How can I change the email associated with my account?
Answer: Follow these steps to change your login email address:
- First, Login to your account using your Username or Email address and Password.
- Under your My Profile, click on the Email tab.
- Update an existing email address, enter a new one, or delete an existing one. Note: You must designate one email account as your ‘Primary Email’ which will become the email that you can use to Login with.
- After all your changes have been made, click on the Save Email Changes button.
NATIONAL BOARD FOR PROFESSIONAL TEACHER STANDARDS
Where can I get more information on the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards?
Answer: Visit our network website Hawaii NBCTs at htsb808nbcts.org and the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards website at www.nbpts.org.
PAYMENTS AND FEES
How do I pay for my license or permit?
Answer: At this time, there are no fees for Hawaii teaching licenses and permits.
If I submitted this documentation to the Hawaiʻi Department of Education (DOE) do I have to also submit it to the Hawaiʻi Teacher Standards Board (HTSB)?
Answer: HTSB can request information from the DOE. If your information cannot be shared you will have to submit documents to HTSB.
I am renewing my license, do I need to report the incident again?
Answer: No, you do not need to answer “yes” if you already reported the incident and was cleared by HTSB. If there has been a new incident, you will need to report that incident.
If I submitted this documentation to the DOE do I have to also submit it to the Hawaiʻi Teacher Standards Board (HTSB)?
Answer: If you marked HTSB as a score recipient when you took a Praxis test, HTSB should receive your score report. If you took a previously active test, send a message to HTSB from your online record to see if that test can be used for licensure.