Renewing Your License
Notification of Upcoming Renewal
You may renew your HTSB license or permit between January and June of your renewal year, and will receive renewal instructions by email to the address you list in your HTSB account in the Email
tab. A reminder email will be sent every month between January and July until you renew. Once you complete the renewal process, you will no longer receive the notices. You will need to login to your account and submit a renewal application and pay the current License Fee
Hawaiʻi Department of Education employees:
- Login to your online account and click on the Renew License button that will appear under the My Profile – Licenses/Permits tab.
- Complete the online Renewal application.
- Submit your Renewal request. The DOE will verify that you meet renewal requirements.
- Once your Renewal is approved, the DOE will pay for the first year of your new license term automatically if you are a qualified Hawaiʻi Department of Education (DOE) teacher/librarian/counselor who meets the payment requirements. If you do not meet the requirements, you will need to submit payment. Under the DOE-HSTA contract, you must be a tenured teacher with an effective or better rating on your last evaluation to be eligible for the fee payment.
Non-Hawaiʻi Department of Education employees:
- Click on a link below to download the version of the Verification of Satisfying Hawaii Teacher Performance Standards Documentation (Form RA 5010) that pertains to you.
- Login to your online account.
- On the My Profile – Documents tab, upload your completed RA 4010 and RA 5010 forms.
- Click on the Renew License button that will appear under the My Profile – Licenses/Permits tab.
- Follow the online instructions to complete the online Renewal application.
- Submit your Renewal request.
- Once your Renewal is approved, you will receive an email notice to pay the annual fee for the first year of your new license.
Teachers are eligible for a random audit up to one year from the date they actually renew. For example, if a teacher renewed their license on July 1, 2017, they are eligible for an audit through June 30, 2018. If you are selected, you will be notified by official letter from one of our specialists. If you have not been notified after the one year anniversary date of your license renewal, you are exempt from being selected.
If you are a Hawaiʻi Department of Education teacher and are selected for an audit, the DOE will verify that you had a effective teacher evaluation and experience at the time of renewal.
If you are not
a Hawaiʻi Department of Education teacher and are selected for an audit, the forms RA4010, to verify your experience, and RA5010, RA5010C or RA5010L, depending on whether you are a teacher, counselor or librarian, that you upload to your My Profile – Documents
tab will be used for the audit. You may upload any other documentation you select for renewal verification to your HTSB record.