Renewing Your License
You will receive notice by email with renewal instructions. You will need to login to your account and submit a renewal application and pay the current License Fee.
Hawaiʻi Department of Education employees:
- Login to your online account and click on the Renew License button that will appear under the My Profile – Licenses/Permits tab.
- Complete the online Renewal application.
- Submit your Renewal request. The DOE will verify that you meet renewal requirements.
Note: Once your Renewal is approved, the DOE will pay for the first year of your new license term automatically if you are a qualified Hawaiʻi Department of Education (DOE) teacher/librarian/counselor who meets the payment requirements. If you do not meet the requirements, you will need to submit payment.
Non-Hawaiʻi Department of Education employees:
- Download these two forms:
Login to your online account.
On the My Profile – Documents tab, upload your completed RA 4010 and RA 5010 forms under the Renewal Compliance document type for future use should you be selected for a renewal audit.
Click on the Renew License button that will appear under the My Profile – Licenses/Permits tab.
Follow the online instructions to complete the online Renewal application.
Submit your Renewal request.
- Verification of Experience for Renewal Form (RA4010). Have your Principal or Director complete this form.
- Click on a link below to download the version of the Verification of Satisfying Hawaii Teacher Performance Standards Documentation (Form RA 5010) that pertains to you.
Note: Once your Renewal is approved, you will receive an email notice to pay for the first year of your new license term.
Teachers are eligible for an audit up to one year from the date they actually renew. For example, if a teacher renewed their license on July 1, 2017, they are eligible for an audit through June 30, 2018.
If you are a Hawaiʻi Department of Education teacher and are selected for an audit, the DOE will verify that you had a effective teacher evaluation at the time of renewal.
If you are not
a Hawaiʻi Department of Education teacher and are selected for an audit, the forms RA4010, to verify your experience, and RA5010, RA5010C or RA5010L, depending on whether you are a teacher, counselor or librarian, that you upload to your My Profile – Documents
tab will be used for the audit. HTSB strongly suggests that you upload these documents at time of online renewal.
If an individual selected for audit cannot provide documentation, adverse action could be taken on their license.