Kahuawaiola Indigenous Teacher Education Ka Haka ʻUla O Keʻelikolani College of Hawaiian Language
Program Website | Main Website
Contact: Makalapua Alencastre, Ed.D. | Director | Phone: 808-932-7411 | Fax: 808-932-7214 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 200 West Kawili Street
Hilo, HI 96720
|Preparation Program Level
||License Fields and Grade Levels
- Elementary Education (K-6)
- Hawaiian Language Immersion (P-3, P-12, K-6, 6-12) *
- Kaiaʻōlelo-Kaiapuni Hawaiʻi (P-3, P-12, K-6, 6-12)
- Hawaiian Knowledge (P-3, P-12, K-6, 6-12)
- Hawaiian Language (6-12) #
- Hawaiian Studies (6-12) #
After July 1, 2022, the initial license field of Hawaiian Language Immersion will no longer be issued. The license field has been renamed to Kaiaʻōlelo-Kaiapuni Hawaiʻi.
After July 1, 2022, initial licensure in the separate fields of Hawaiian Language and Hawaiian Studies will no longer be issued. Instead, these two fields will be issued as a blend of Hawaiian Language and Hawaiian Studies with the license field name Hawaiian Knowledge.